Monday, January 16, 2012

Leave a Trail - Envelope Mini Album

My new mini album. Been working on this one off and on for a while now but I'm very happy how it turned out. Originally my thought was to make it a Grandparent album but it just evolved into an album for your life's journey. Like most of my albums the end product looks completely different to how I first imagined it. Always for the better though :)

I used DCWV's linen closet papers because I love the vintage feel of them and wanted to use up the last of these papers that I had in my stash. Actually all of this album was made with leftover bits and pieces. I'm trying to use up all my embellishments and papers that I've brought over the last two years before I buy any more. Its my way of decluttering!

The album itself is made from 6 large white envelopes, folded over at the ends to make it a neat 7x7 inches. The fold over pieces made great flip areas for more photo mats and tags.

I hand tore all of the paper edges and distressed them with ink, took a while but the effect was well worth it. Now on my scrapbook want list is a Tim Holtz distresser tool.

The flowers were all handmade, some were paper circles that I hand tore, some were organza ribbon that i burned the edges of and there is even my first ever fabric flower on the front.

It's up on madeit now and you can purchase it here.



















No comments:

Post a Comment