Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Monster Party Printable Invite

I asked my almost four year old what theme he wanted for his birthday party, after a great debate, with himself, he settled on Monsters.
As I am obsessed with diy and I love the party printables on etsy I decided to have a go myself at making up a monster invite. Now all the ones on etsy feature a digital image of a monster. Problem #1. I'm not very good at drawing. Problem#2 I wanted mine to be a little different. So with my sons stack of craft paper and his scissors I cut out some rough monster bodies and then cut out some feet, hair or horns, eyes, mouth and of course some teeth. Stuck all bits together with my scrapbooking tape and four monsters were born. I was actually pretty happy with the result, so I scanned them into my outdated photoshop elements 2.0 and created his invite, which led to creating three more invites.
This was all in all pretty quick and easy to make but if you lack time you can purchase the ones I made at my etsy amd madeit shops.




No comments:

Post a Comment