Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fairy Party Costume, Wings and Upcycled Tattered Skirt

My costume for my Thirtieth Fairy Party. I made the wings and skirt. Face painting was done by Lynne Jamieson at FaceMagicBodyArtist.
Skirt was made from fabric remnants from Spotlight, including silk, chiffon and cotton, a dress I brought from the Salvos that ended up being too small after second pregnancy and old curtain lace. A while ago I saw a tattered skirt and loved the idea so this was my first attempt at one. The pieces are attached to another skirt of mine with safety pins as I didn't have enough time to sew the pieces together before my party. After getting over the initial panic of cutting up a perfectly good dress, I loved creating this skirt and do have plans to finish it and maybe make a few more.
A great way to upcycle your old clothes into something that you will want to wear.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment